1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official NBA Finals thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chuck~Taylor, Jun 3, 2006.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

The Delaney piece has been done before. Has been common knowledge in NJ-NY area for years.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

You notice how they made Delaney sit in that creepy ass setting? I thought that was funny as hell.
    And who the hell was that "Donnie Brasco" guy in the sunglasses?

3. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

It's too bad Shaq skipped the postgame press conference. I was anxious to hear how he'd blame this performance on Kobe. Yes, for the first time ever, Shaq can legitimately claim that Kobe, indeed, didn't pass him the ball.

Way to take losing like a man, you greedy, fat ass. But, while a lot of players would be crucified for not having the balls to face the media after such a game, everyone will let you skate, cuz, well, you're funny.
    And, I bet we hear nary a word about you ''quitting'' on your team, despite taking just five shots in the game. Players who dub themselves "Most Dominant Ever" wouldn't allow that to happen. And, don't blame your teammates. That's so tired. Try working hard for position once in a while, not to mention making a free throw once or twice a game, and maybe you'd get the ball.

Hey Dwyane ... prepare yourself, cuz your ''Big Brother'' is looking for a knife to ram into your back. After all, there's no way this could be his fault. ;)

4. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

NBA-Fined Miami C Shaquille O'Neal $10,000 and the Miami Heat an additional $25,000 for not making himself available for interviews after Game 2 of the NBA finals.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That was hilarious. I mean, this was the Mavs, who won't ever be confused with Detroit's Bad Boys or Jordan's Bulls or the Spurs' Twin Towers.

I couldn't believe it. That said, I really didn't mind it.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The Heat folded like a lawn chair in the third quarter. They make stupid, stupid fouls on the perimeter (TWO freaking four-point plays when there were a grand total of six in all of the Finals games before). They had three days to correct the mistakes they made in Game 1 — and looked even worse.

In short ... this looks to me like a poorly-coached team.

Bring it, Riley lovers. :-*

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

reminds me of the way Rik Smits used to play Ewing.

Shaq and Slick have become 2 old men bitching about the old days in a barber shop.

8. Chuck~Taylor

Is it just me, or did the Heat have a better chance winning the game if Shaq wasn't on the floor?

9. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Shaq was double-teamed EVERY time he touched the ball. That means he has two 7-footers on him. I'm not apologizing for his postgame punk behavior, but other players have to step up. What is Shaq to do? As bad as he is at the line, Walker et. al. need to get more FT opps.

10. Chuck~Taylor

I thought he was the most dominant ever?

11. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

So Shaq SHOULD be scoring against Dirk/Diop or Dirk/Dampier...?

Shaq will only get going if Miami shooters loosen up the Dallas D. 'Twon needs to drive more. Posey needs to stop shooting like a Poser. Wade needs to stop travelling (or all of a sudden getting called for it).

Jordan was the most dominant ever.

12. Chuck~Taylor

First of all,yes, Jordan was definitley the most dominant ever. Second of all, we should of all seen this coming. This whole series is the battle of the role players. Dwyane Wade,Shaq,and Dirk are not the main factors to this series. Stackhouse,Terry, and Harris(Just to name a few) are outplaying Jason Williams,James Posey,Haslem,and Alonzo Mourning.

Draft saved Draft deleted