1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official NBA Finals thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chuck~Taylor, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Udonis Haslem?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Weasel Pat Riley, blood still on his pleated pant leg from the blood that spurted out of Ron Jeremy's Stan Van Gundy's back, goes for his first NBA title w/o Magic and Kareem vs. an owner with the ADD and need for attention of a 3-year-old on ritalin.

I think I just barfed up a lung.

3. Chuck~Taylor

Ron Jeremy?....EWWWW

4. Who Knows

Who Knows Member

Kid, you're too young to know who Ron Jeremy is. ;)

5. Chuck~Taylor

Mister,where all too young to know who Ron Jeremy is.

6. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Dallas in 6, maybe even in 5. Shaq doesn't have enough left to be dominant every night anymore, and Wade can't carry them, not against a team as deep as Dallas. The Heat will have a much harder time containing Dirk than the Mavs will have against Shaq. And A_F, the Mavs, don't play any defense? The whole reason they made it this far is because they finally became a decent defensive team. They shut down Phoenix in the second half tonight to close the deal. Another thing to keep in mind -- the Mavs shoot free throws well, especially Dirk. Miami not so much, esp. Shaq. That could be huge.

7. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

but faux-real, didn't you tell us dallas had now shot? they play no defense and dirk is the worst defensive player ever?

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Mavs win the series ... because that's who I want to win, dammit.

9. carrie

carrie Active Member

I think the Mavs can win this series, but my gut tells me it will probably take all seven games.

The real key is just making sure Josh Howard scores 20 points a game ...

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Should be a good series, but let's get one thing straight . . . Suns collapsed in the second half because they were exhausted.
    Mavs' defense is much improved . . . but Heat's remains better.

11. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

i think both teams are pretty close defensively. they each have a ton of guys who have reputations as shaky defenders (Dirk, Terry, Wade, Walker, Van Horn, Jason Wiliams, Payton, Shaq), but both teams play solid team defense. avery and riley have really done great jobs emphasizing defense and getting their teams to respond.
    should be a fun series.

dallas has plenty of bodies to throw at shaq and wade, but it will have to up the tempo and make the heat run and run.

12. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

NBA will force it to seven games (as will the NHL finals). The grand conspiracy against soccer in this country will make it so.

Draft saved Draft deleted