1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official Madden 07 Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chuck~Taylor, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

It's that time of year again and Madden 07 is just another part of it. This year's 360 version is going to be great. If you don't believe me, here ya go.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/811/811804/vids_1.html

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Pho Real, would you be so kind to post some of the new features of the game?

3. Chuck~Taylor

Yo dog, the link iz right up therrre.

4. Herbert Anchovy

I know. I mean, I thought you played it. The pre-ordered copies came out August 1. Or maybe that was the special edition, whatever the fuck that is. I went to Toys R Us to see if I could test drive it, and all they had was NCAA 2007.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Paging Simon ...

6. Chuck~Taylor

NCAA 2007 was great because it was the first college football game with great graphics. But it didn't have great game modes such as heisman mode. The same went for last year's Madden game on the 360. It had great graphics and all but the modes were terrible and the game looked unfinished. This year's Madden has everything. All the game modes on the current gen will be on the 360. And you could also see that Madden 07's next gen graphics are even better then last year's next gen graphics. The popular new feature this year is the lead block feature. It allows you to control pick a blocker and actually block someone before using the running back to run the ball. If you watch the videos, you can see what I'm talking about.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Well, that's good, because blocking has been one of Madden's problems for years.

Nobody will throw a block on a punt return. They just stand there with a thumb up their ass. It's infuriating.

I liked the truck feature last year, but it's only a real weapon with a physical running back.

Madden needs to fix the blocking and the penalties. The only time you see a pass interference called when you're playing the computer is when you're in a two-minute drill and throwing long passes down the field. That sucks. Fuck that. If they can get every stupid detail of every stadium right, which is overkill mostly, I expect to see more than eight or nine kinds of penalties.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Bo Jackson once gained 650 yards for me in one game of NCAA '94. Good times, man, good times.

9. Garner

Garner Member

Jackson was unstoppable in Tecmo Bowl, which is still the greatest football game of all time.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

M Network football, back in the mid-80s. Speaking of blocking, you could position every single player to block in a specific direction and run the play accordingly. Way, way ahead of its time.

11. Sly

Sly Active Member

So I'm not the only one who'd rather just play an updated version of Tecmo Bowl or RBI Baseball? Those games were a lot more fun.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Isn't it basically the same as all other Maddens. You pick an offense. You pick a defense. Clutch and cajole that controller like a woman's ass when you're ... well, you know.

But really, how is Madden 07 different from Madden 06?

Draft saved Draft deleted