1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official KU-MIZZOU Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I wouldn't say they stopped Daniel. Mizzou's defense lost this game (and KU's offense won it). Thirty-seven points should be enough.

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Yup. Blitzing Reesing on that fourth down play was galactically stupid. Every KU scoring drive was punctuated by at least one play of him running around and throwing to somebody the secondary forgot about.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Stopped was overstating it, but the KU defense did a great job with him, especially in the first half.

4. I have no rooting interest in eitger team and loved the daylights out of that game. The Meyer kid has a story to tell for the next 50 years.
    I do, however, believe that the entire Missouri defensive coaching staff should be flogged with red-hot barbed wire. Do they even OWN a film projector?

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Chase Daniel did a great job of making stupid throws in the first half is probably a better way to put it, Jake. In the second half of the season, he made more stupid throws than in the previous three and a half seasons combined. His receivers dropped more on him than during that same time period. And yeah, Pinkel trying that one lame-ass play in which even refugees in Somalia knew that Chase would be tossing to Chase to throw to...Chase?...was him trying to be all cutesy. And I hope that the end-zone passing play that provides .000001 percent margin of error leaves with Danario Alexander. That fake punt would have been a beauty if not for the play clock running out. And one more toss to the end zone would have probably been a better percentage play than the 53-yard field-goal try in the ice castle. But credit has to go to Reesing for having a gutsy performance against a decent pass rush, and to Mangino for realizing that a running game was manifestly unnecessary.

And I'm sure ABC is looking forward to that rematch of the 56-31 squeaker.

6. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Texas had the right game plan for Reesing - keep him in the pocket and don't let him move around.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yep. The fact that Daniel's interception (KU field goal), fumble (KU touchdown) and intentional grounding (KU safety, followed by a touchdown) all led to points, that helped make the difference. Stuckey's first-quarter performance really set the tone, if it's possible for a defensive back to do so in a 40-37 game.

8. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

French's Mustard, now a sponsor of Missouri football.
    It's new slogan:
    Missouri football: A hot dog without the meat.

Draft saved Draft deleted