1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official KU-MIZZOU Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You know it works both ways, right?

Texas A&M (the team that scored only three points in the first 57-plus minutes against KU) scored 26 at Mizzou and left many more points on the field. Iowa State (the team that scored seven points Saturday at KU) put up 28 at Columbia and lost only 42-28. And a 4-7 Division I-AA team lost only 38-17 at Mizzou.

Bottom line, any game that happened this week is irrelevant. You can talk about how Mizzou stuffed this offense or that quarterback, but if they can't stop Todd Reesing, Mizzou will lose. And we won't know about that until Saturday.

2. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

I'm not going to show (Rock) my true colors (Chalk) until after the game clock (Jayhawk) has expired (K) and shows 0:00 at the end of the fourth (U) quarter.

That said, in my lone visit to the MU campus in Columbia, never before and never after have I seen so many good looking women concentrated in one place at one time. Jebus. Just sniffing the air gave me a perpetual boner.

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Indeed it does work both ways. Just disspelling Chef's contention that MU doesn't have the defense. It should also be noted that MU has been without its best defensive player since late in the Iowa State game.

I wish I had tickets on Saturday. I'm also curious to see how people behave.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Shakespeare's . . . wait 40 minutes or so, but that pepperoni-and-pineapple goodness makes all right with the world (hey, we all have our fllavor and topping prefernces; don't knock it 'til you try it).

That game Saturday is a $17 million game, a BCS berth on the line. Throw in the aspects of a bitter rivalry due to actual bloody animosity between the states 150 years ago, a dash of two offenses that are never out of the game, and a bit of a massive and perhaps neutral stadium with equal hatred on both sides.

And the capper, the fact that neither fan base has really been here before and thus has no clue how to deal with it other than getting drunk and loud and well, fanboyish, and I envy those who are going to be part of the party in KC. That's gonna be one hell of an atmosphere.

5. doubledown68

I was driving up Providence my senior year when I spotted some DG's sunbathing on the roof on a perfect late April day. I almost caused a big wreck.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

While I wish I had tickets, too, I'm not so sure how great I would feel if those tickets were smack-dad in the middle of Mizzou fans. In that sense, I'm almost relieved that I can simply hit a sports bar in KC or Lawrence to watch it.

7. doubledown68

Likewise. Something tells me there might be some swapping going on so that people can sit in friendly territory. Unless they're suicidal or something.

8. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I just lost 10 minutes of work with that, dd . . . brought back some good times!

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

As I recall, Mizz. gave up plenty of points to the Pussycats on Saturday. I'm not saying they just suck on defense, but this will be a shoot-out.

Points; Oh yes.....there will be points.

10. Seconded, thirded and fourthed. (Is that even a word?)

Usually I don't give a damn about Missouri athletics. But it's always nice to give it to the Jayhawkers when you get the chance.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I am applying for one-week status as a fanboi of the BBOC's.

The simple reason: I've been to Missouri.

I hope my credentials are thusly deemed in order.

Go KU!

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Accepted! Welcome aboard, Zeke! :D

Draft saved Draft deleted