1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official KU-MIZZOU Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

[​IMG]

2. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Damn you all, now I'm hungry for Shakespeare's, and I can't order it so it will get here in time for Saturday! Might have to make do with Mellow Mushroom, iff'n the alum chapter here in Atlanta doesn't get its act together and have a watch party.

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I was really hoping for the 3:30 (EST) game time since I have to cover another game that night. As it is, I'll have to go w/ the gamecast. Very sad.

4. Quit your job and watch it, dammit.
    What kind of fanboi are you?

5. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I was kind of hoping for the earlier start, too, but mostly so fewer people would be killed in the stands. Giving that many Mizzou and Kansas fans the whole day to marinate, then stuffing them in the same building seems like a really bad idea.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Serving alcohol to already loused college fans is not a bright idea.

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Mizzou doesn't have the defense, eh? They held Nebraska to six points (with the STARTING qb). They held Texas Tech to 10 points. They held Colorado -- you know that team that KU struggled with so much -- to 10 points. (And they put up 55 of their own).

Personally, Chef, I think you're out of your gourd. But that's ok. :)

Thus far, I'd have to believe KU's signature win is, what?.. Central Michigan? That's the way it'll have to stay. On Saturday, it's big boy football. No more multi-directional Louisiana schools. No more single-directional Michigan schools. Just the best goddam offense in the land with three matchup nightmares catching the ball and a nails-tough QB throwing it. Enjoy. :D

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I hereby appoint doubledown68 as my designated fanboi for the week. :D

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I'm not covering the game. I don't live in Missouri anymore. But I do have a smart-ass dad and brother who, like most KU fans, discovered football three weeks ago.

OK, there was some fanboi in there. A lot of fanboi, in fact. But it also smacked of truth. Sweet, juicy truth.

10. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

My point exactly ... I couldn't do a better job of stating my fanboyism than you just did, so I'm letting you do my talking this week. ;)

11. txscoop

txscoop Member

Missouri wins this one easy. Kansas hasnt seen a team this good all year.

12. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

The kind that really isn't one of either school. I just follow both schools pretty closely.

My wife, on the other hand... she's pissed because the state rivalry game down here is on at the same time and she's freaking out that no one will show the game. I may get home and trip over an empty wine bottle or two and see her head resting on an empty Corona box.

Draft saved Draft deleted