1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official John D. Villarreal vids - *breaking news* JDV a top You Tube Director!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John D. Villarreal, May 27, 2007.

?

Do you agree with Ben Affleck that the Dems are F'n weak over the Iraq War Funding Vote?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Maybe

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flash

Flash Guest

Re: Official John D. Villarreal video thread - Ben Affleck calls Dems F'n weak!

Nationally recognized TV & Radio talk show host

By whom?
    And what talk show?
    Did I miss something while I was on hiatus?

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Why is JDV shooting this stuff from his parent's basement?

There's nothing on the walls and every so often there's the sound of a door creaking.

Is dad checking in?

What's up, JDV?

Canuckistan needs to know

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Basically, it means he can do what he did with it as long as he's not trying to make a buck off it. However, the purpose and character of his usage is highly fuckin' dubious. In fact, it could be argued he's simply a scumbag trying to rile people up for no reason, which serves absolutely no useful or fair purpose at all.

If this actually went to court, he'd likely win on the literal reading of the law. Doesn't mean he's right to do what he's doing, though.

4. Clever username

Wow, that rivals my math equation post.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

You're going to get discharged from the Army, you know ...

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Fair Use Doctrine:

[​IMG]

7. Re: Official John D. Villarreal video thread - Ben Affleck calls Dems F'n weak!

Holy crap, Ragu. I'm suing you.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

[​IMG]

9. Clever username

"The distinction between “fair use” and infringement may be unclear and not easily defined. There is no specific number of words, lines, or notes that may safely be taken without permission. Acknowledging the source of the copyrighted material does not substitute for obtaining permission."

Seems pretty fuckin' fair to me.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

Thanks, Ragu. P-shop takes too long to load on my laptop. Priceless.

11. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Are you channeling stoob?

12. Clever username

We would have been worried if you hadn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.