1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official Cubs Obit

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Aug 31, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Re: Official Cubs Suicide Watch Thread

Dear Cubs fanboyloosers:

You are the same fucking morons who complain if there are 4 or 5 posts on the basbeall thread about a Yankees or Mets games, complain about it's only important because it's New York.

Yet you take over the baseball thread with your little pissant looser team and now you have an entire thread to act like the whiny little loosers that you are while you shitty little team is in first place in the shittiest division in baseball.

FUCK THE CUBS! FUCK YOU FANBOYLOOSERS!

Yours grumpily (is that a word?)

Fan of team that has lost five in a row, pissed away most of its lead, but is still in first place, for now, and I'm not on suicide watch.

PS: FUCK WILLIE RANDOLPH, TOO!

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I don't think there could be anything more embarassing in professional sports than to be the team that got caught from behind by the Phillies in a pennant race. But that's just me.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

That would be 100% correct it is happens AQB, and it should mean the end of Willie Randolph's managerial career.

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Yes, there is. Being the team that keeps the Royals out of last place.

/the Sox are killing my South Side neighbors

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I don't take joy in the misery of others.

Unless it's the White Sox. ;D

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The Royals were a game away from posting a third straight winning month. Heck, if they were in the NL Central, they might be chasing the Cubs for the division lead right now.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I am the ghost of first place past!

The Brewers are deader than Dillinger, but I bring a message from my colleagues at Children Of The Corn.

[​IMG]

"They want you too, Cubs fans! They want you too!"

(And Mets fans too. Why not?)

So from the depths of pennant race hell, I say fuck the Cubs. May their failure to make the playoffs be a particularly humiliating one.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'll quote Zeke: "Desperation is a stinky cologne."

9. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

Go back to your $3,000/month studio and eat a sewer rat, you New York bastard!

MODIFIED: Go back to feathering your chest hair and shining up your IROC, you New Jersey bastard! ;)

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Actually, spnited's from Jersey, so you should have thrown in something about the smell, but the sentiment still stands.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

This might be the wrong thread, but the Indians are going to choke as well, right?

My world would seem upside down if the Indians played well through September.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

The strangest thing would be if the Cubs met the Indians in the Series. They'd be tied at 3-3 going to game 7, where it would then snow for 144 consecutive days forcing the commish to cancel the season.

Draft saved Draft deleted