1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OFFICIAL COLLEGE BOWL THREAD...Toby Keith is pissed.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dog eat dog world, Dec 2, 2012.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

It's the gap in the teeth ... and the fact we're both red-headed strangers.

But no. Writer, not singer.

Oh, and my brother wants the entire world to know he won the bowl pool at work.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I hear the next renovation will include hedges around the field that will separate the playing field from a spectator walkway. It's suppose to allow fans to enter and exit the stands from one of the field-level tunnels.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Considering its age, Rose Bowl seems to be in remarkable shape. Too bad they couldn't do the same thing with the old Orange Bowl, Cotton Bowl, etc.

4. Armchair_QB

The cities of Dallas and Miami owned (still own in the Cotton Bowl's case) those stadiums and didn't keep them up. Not sure if the Rose Bowl is a public facility but if it is, the city of Pasadena appears to be spending a lot of cash on upkeep.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The Rose Bowl looks pretty on the outside, but it's a damn disaster under the stands. It's a cluster to get in and out of that place. That's why there are so many empty seats at kickoff, because the bottleneck in the tunnels is still working itself out.

6. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

Not sure why you're surprised. UVa put up with nine years of fairly mediocre football from Al Groh's teams, with just one win over VT during his tenure. London just finished his third season, and is still trying to rebuild the roster from the mess Groh left him.

I think as long as UVa goes at least 6-6 next season, London will keep the job. Another losing season and all bets are off, though.

7. Armchair_QB

Looks like they're in the process of fixing that though.

And it at least looks like its not falling apart like the Orange Bowl did towards the end and the Cotton Bowl still does even after some upgrades.

8. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Legion Field laughs at the amateurish level of dilapidation.

9. Armchair_QB

I was going to point out that Legion Field isn't a bowl site then I remembered its the winter home of the Pitt Panthers.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

toward.

Draft saved Draft deleted