1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OFFICIAL COLLEGE BOWL THREAD...Toby Keith is pissed.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dog eat dog world, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Oklahoma and its 3-5 BCS record. Poor Sooners.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I can see an argument for Georgia or LSU or Clemson ahead of Oklahoma, but not Northern Illinois.

Again, if you want to include those conferences, then let them bump the Big East champ.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

And Stanford lost twice, including a loss to Washington, who got their asses handed to them by the Ducks.

Obviously I get your argument, but as long as college football refuses to settle this stuff on the field, the team with one loss will go ahead of the two loss team in the same conference.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Stanford IS in, right? They'll be in the Rose Bowl. Hardly a snub.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'll never understand the Washington loss, but it was with a different QB. Such is life.

I'd still take Stanford -- now with Hogan at QB -- over any team, and I really like Notre Dame and Alabama.

Michael, it's more the ranking that seems silly but you're correct.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Because DeKalb isn't as sexy as Boise?

7. Michael_ Gee

I know Stanford wasn't the best team, but it was my favorite team to watch this year. Not for style, couldn't put my finger on it, really, except when I watched 'em, I thought "hey, that's a team out there."

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Because Boise was beating Georgia or some other heavyweight in Week 1 each year in its glory run.

NIU was losing to an Iowa team that would win three games the rest of the way.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Big guys in the back room make the rules. NIU qualifies for BCS under rules made by big guys in the back room. Big guys then blame NIU for doing everything they asked it to (and more, they finished 15th, not just 16th) and now the big-guy shills blame NIU for doing exactly what they big guys said they had to to to sit at the big table.

Surprised they didn't try to move the goalposts again at the last minute.

Hey Herbie, Jesse, David and ESPN, GFY.

They just made a lot of people from all around the country big NIU fans.

10. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

Think Obama weighs into this considering how Oklahoma supported him so well in both elections? LOL

11. Michael_ Gee

The thing is, the rules were made before ESPN bought the rights to all the BCS bowls. Now it's ITS money that might get lost.

12. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

It's absolutely ridiculous that Northern Illinois is going to the Orange Bowl.

They needed overtime to beat a Kent State team that had its doors blown off by ... Kentucky.

It was a good year for the MAC, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted