1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official Californication Season 2 thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Sep 15, 2008.

1. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Anybody know the song during the closing credits?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've always thought Duchovny was one of the coolest actors working.

3. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

The song at the end of episode # 1 is "My Shit's Fucked Up" by Warren Zevon, which just cracked me up.

4. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Thanks.

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Finally got a chance to watch those first two episodes. Great stuff and some great lines.
    The Zevon song fit perfectly.

6. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Episode No. 2 might have been one of the most entertaining half hours I've ever witnessed on television.
    Duchovny is a freaking genius, but Evan Handler, oh man. He is brilliant on this show.

"You're not f**king listening to me! You never f**cking listen to me! AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!"
    "I'm listening baby, I'm right here."

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Finally started watching the first season on DVD last night. Absolutely fantastic. Duchovny shines in this role. You can see he just absolutely loves playing this guy. Any memories of Mulder evaporate immediately. It's got a bit of Curb Your Enthusiasm absurdism to the plots as well. So densely full at a half hour.

Can't imagine not getting through the rest of season one in the next day or two. Downed four episodes last night.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The relationship with his daughter is golden. They work beautifully together.

9. EStreetJoe

Agreed.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

In one of the final episodes of the season, there's a scene when Duchovny is trying to say sorry (again) to the daughter, who's in bed ready to go to sleep. She's crushed about another one of his fuck-ups and tells him as such, and I can't remember the exact line, but she all but tells him to fuck off ... and his reaction and the heartbreak of the moment made me teary-eyed. It was the most devastating scene of the season.

11. EStreetJoe

The season keeps getting better and better.
    Evan Handler not realizing it was a "studio van" was a riot.
    Plus the relationship between Hank and his daughter just keeps getting better. They had a few great exchanges in the fourth episode.
    (Am I a week behind in my viewing or is Comcast On Demand putting them up early?)

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You can watch a week ahead On Demand.

Draft saved Draft deleted