1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official Billy Donovan watch thread...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Apr 4, 2007.

?

What does Billy Donovan do?

1. Florida with a huge raise.

30 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. Kentucky with a huge raise.

7 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. NBA for a huge raise.

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

Sloppy, as a native Kentuckian, I hate to bash on people from my own state. But the people on the UK and UofL Rivals network do as much as they can to accurately portray the stereotype of Kentuckians that it's embarrassing.

And, BTW, TAMU insiders and ESPN"s Pat Forde are reporting that Gillispie will take the UK job, maybe as soon as tomorrow. I wish he'd hold off til Monday. Him taking the job tomorrow means I'm in the news room ALL DAY tomorrow. I was really looking forward to a Keeneland afternoon and a big-time SEC series (UK vs. Tennessee) night.

Oh well.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Damn, this went down eight minutes after I went to bed? Booo to that! Pat Forde, you are a stud. TAMU, you guys are fucking stupid for not getting him to sign that contract and let him look around.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Gillispie could have signed the deal at 10 am and if UK wanted to talk to him an hour later it would not have mattered...

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Damn, CJ, today is opening day at Keeneland. Sucks to be you.

Wish I could go in your place. I have a cute little outfit I could wear...fit in with all the sorority girls. I used to always try to go on opening and closing day for Keeneland...Again, best three weeks of the spring and fall.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Yeah, Gillispie seems like he has a lot of Petrino in him.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Exactly. Contracts aren't exactly iron-clad when it comes to coaches. See Huggins, Bob.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

While I wholeheartedly declared my candidacy for the Alabama football job, I want no part of UK basketball. Those people are batshit.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Wow... You'll come to Bama but not Kentucky?? That's seriously screwed up..

Draft saved Draft deleted