1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official Billy Donovan watch thread...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Apr 4, 2007.

?

What does Billy Donovan do?

1. Florida with a huge raise.

30 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. Kentucky with a huge raise.

7 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. NBA for a huge raise.

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I liked that last thread until people started arguing about the weather...

I still think this is the most interesting story around, since he's about to become the highest-paid coach in college hoops, it's just a question of which school will be paying him...

2. Hey Mizzou - wouldn't it be more interesting to make this a poll? Have FL, KY, NBA or other as the choices. Just curious to see what people think.

Personally - I think he stays at FL with a big, big raise.

3. Mizzougrad96

I think when he eventually leaves Florida it will be to go to the NBA...

Then again, it's downhill from here at Florida, since I'm guessing Noah, Horford and Brewer are all coming out...

I still think he gets $3.5 mil a year wherever he winds up...

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I think it was Rick Bozich that said if Nick Saban deserves $4 million a year to coach at Alabama, what does someone coming off back-to-back titles deserve.

My guess is Saban will be looking up to the Gators' coach.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

... Like, through his window? ;)

6. Mizzougrad96

If I'm not mistaken, Roy Williams is the highest-paid coach in college hoops at $3 mil per... I don't see anyone, even Billy D, getting $4 mil...

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Why not Mizzou? I realize college football is the cash cow king of college sports, but men's hoops by no means is a runt. If anyone right now deserves $4 million-plus a season in college sports, it's definitely Donovan.

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Giving Donovan that much money would start a troubling trend. It's one thing in I-A football, with roughly 120 teams. There are 300-plus Division I basketball programs. I know they obviously all wouldn't make that much, but it would be the first domino.

9. Dignan

Dignan Guest

He'd be a fool to take the Kentucky job. I think he stays a couple more years, kicks UK's ass a few more times, then takes the Miami Heat job when it opens.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

WLEX-18 has the coverage:

:D

11. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Weather not withstanding, palmetto bugs not withstanding, delightful UK fans and supporters not withstanding--Donovan stays in Florida.

12. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

I voted for staying in Florida.
    And I agree with FH - Donovan deserves as much as Roy Williams.

Draft saved Draft deleted