1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official BCS Title Game Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, Jan 7, 2008.

1. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

so i had a few too many and came on here to run my mouth. that one's on me.

congrats, LSU. won the best conference. won the BCS championship game. they're the champs.

i believe, truly believe, that georgia would beat LSU given the chance. i also think they'll pretty much detonate LSU next year (a la SECCG '05). but you fail to show up against the team that ended up winning the east and, well, that's that. don't suck next time. dang if georgia didn't ever get close, though...UT's game-losing FG miss nullified against USC, vandy roughing the punter up two scores, UK being one yard (one yard!) away from winning. you know how you deserve those breaks? don't suck next time.

though, it does strike me as funny to see some voters listening to a drunken version of myself. other than the first-place votes silliness, though, the top 5 seems pretty OK.

also, ohio state: do us all a favor and drop another one in the big 10 next year so we don't have to sit through that again.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You probably truly believe Georgia would beat the Patriots, too.

3. So who is Ohio State going to play lose to in next year's BCS game?

Georgia and Florida should be top 5 preseason, along with USC. LSU has a load of seniors, so I can't see them challenging again.

4. I saw some poll already out for next year. I think the top 5 was usc, georgia, ohio state (!), oklahoma and missouri

5. There are, what, 12 SEC teams? If they each get a chance to beat OSU in a bowl, Vanderbilt should be kicking Buckeye ass in 2018.

"I don't think they were any faster than us, we just got outplayed," said OSU coach Maurice Clarett after Vanderbilt's 52-3 victory.

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Sounds silly, but from the few times I saw Vanderbilt this season, the 'Dores would have given the Buckeyes a good game.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Absolutely Ohio State. Unless they're ravaged by early NFL entries, it's remarkable what they have coming back.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I'm not saying Ohio State has an SEC problem in bowl games, but South Carolina has a grand total of FOUR! bowl victories in more than 100 years of playing football. The list of victims:

West Virginia
    Houston
    Ohio State
    Ohio State

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

dude, that was stupid. it really was.

Draft saved Draft deleted