1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official BCS Title Game Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

The only other thread I saw was for "bowl season" and this technically is not a bowl.

Latest line, an hour or so before kickoff:

LSU by 3 and a half over Ohio State, with Over/Under at 46 and a half.

**(line was at 4 yesterday)

I figure this one will be closer than last year's finale between schools from Big 11 and Southeast Conference

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I can't decide who to root for. I've always hated Ohio State, but I also hate the SEC, so it is a lose-lose.
    It would be amusing, though, if Ohio State won against the greatest conference ever.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I hope LSU wins 42-10. Partially b/c that's the score I picked in the Bowl Contest and partially b/c every time I see Jim Tressel I feel like I need a bath. Not that Les Miles is any less sleazy but that whole fuckin geeky professor look by Tressel makes him look even slimier.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Bless you. Fuck the fuckeyes.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

LSU all the way. And for no other reason than I picked them in the Yahoo! league. Plus I think it'd be fun to see the same team lose in the championship team twice in two years.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

There has to be a way they both lose.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Well, I picked LSU in the SJ/Yahoo pick 'em, but considering I'm in, like, fifty-twelfth place, I'm rooting for OSU, hoping to make fun of all the SEC fanboiloosers later tonight.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That's my thinking as well.

9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

With a name like Angola ! (name of La.'s state prison, isnt it?) I'd figure you were a Louisiana lover

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I want LSU to win so that the AP will vote KU No. 1! :D

11. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

This is my exact dilemma. I can't stand OSU (Michigan Fan Boy, here) and I HATE the SEC and the majority of their fans.

12. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Can't stand either. I guess I'd like to see Ohio St. win just to piss off all the SEC fans.

Draft saved Draft deleted