1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official Barry Watch: 749

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HeinekenMan, Jun 17, 2007.

1. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

Re: Official Barry Watch

Dog - scoreboard. You seem to be one of the people that sickens me so much. You thought you had Bonds, and could be all sanctimonious and its looking increasingly like you got jack sh*t. Poor thing. I'm sure you were there on the courthouse steps in spirit if not in fact for the Chron 2.

Sorry, I don't root for aiders and abettors of federal crimes. That hasn't been refuted yet, right? I mean, everyone wants to talk about how Bonds hasn't sued the Chron 2 for libel, so it's all true right? So what about the allegations that MFW, at least, aided an abetted, if not outright suborned, a federal crime? That the guy you're rooting for? Or the apparently out of control IRS agent turned apparent vigilante? I mean these are top-flight guys, right. Who got their freaking phallus sucked for years by losers like you. You're a rube.

Even if you believe the worst, Bonds came late to the party of PED's. He did what he needed to do, IMO. To compete with the pitchers who threw a little faster, for a little longer. That I understand. He didn't violate the rules of the game.

Contrast that with 3 individuals and a paper who only sought to bring down and/or make their reps/fortunes off of bringing down a guy who was trying to keep MLB an even playing field. And it's looking like they were willing to go to, at minimum, very far ethical boundaries to do so. For what? For themselves. Not for the public, not for anything but themselves. Novitzsky job wasn't in jeopardy, nor were MFW's, LW, or Chron managements (well, their's may have been, don't know). Bonds' job - or the respect due him given the advantages others directly competing against him were partaking in - was. That is all the difference in the world to me.

8 left. Just 8. I can't wait.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Bubbler and friends at tomorrow's game:

[​IMG]

3. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I'm sorry, I refuse to read a post that begins with "scoreboard."

4. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

Your limitations are duly noted, Dog. I'll keep that in mind in the future when you are my audience. Which, when I think about it, is probably going to occur at roughly the same time as the next pass of Haley's Comet.

Nonetheless, consider it considered.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

It's Halley's... and please wake up.

6. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Hey, keep this up and I'll never work as a copy editor!

Actually, Comerica Park isn't listed on his splits. I assumed that they had all of the current parks listed. Doh, they only list parks where he's had ABs. So, he still needs to homer in Comerica. For what it's worth, I don't see Tiger Stadium listed, either. But he has homered against the Tigers in San Francisco.

7. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

Thanks, and I wasn't aware I was asleep.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

What are the predictions on when he does it?

I'm thinking it won't be until mid-July, unless he catches fire. Also, if JD Drew wasn't afraid of the short wall in right at Fenway, he probably could have caught the home run yesterday.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Also, does Barry Bonds make the Hall of Fame?

10. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I think Barry does it right before the all-star game. He has 18 games remaining before the break. Of those, nine are against teams that have allowed the most HRs in the National League. Milwaukee has allowed the most. Chicago has allowed the second most, and San Diego the fourth most.

The game is in San Fran. What's the latest on what MLB has planned? The buzz will be unbelievable. But it'll be quite interesting to see how things go. I'm assuming that he isn't leading all-star balloting. That adds another odd twist. What if the guy who just hit his 756th homer isn't even on the all-star team in a game played in his home stadium?

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Wake up in what sense?

Rok makes a hell of a lot more sense than the people who want to see Bonds fall in his face because he's -- sob -- a mean guy.

And he makes a hell of a lot more sense than the people who don't understand what a "smoking gun" is. Because, roll your eyes until they fall out of your head ... but none of you have one. No smoking gun, so stop convicting the man.

I, too, can't wait for him to break the record. And I personally hope that when Bud Light and Hammerin' Hank aren't there, he flips the bird at the seats they WOULD have been occupying.

12. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Even if Bonds does break the home-run record, he'll just hold it for a few years until A-Rod breaks it.

Draft saved Draft deleted