1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official Barry Watch: 749

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HeinekenMan, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Re: Official Barry Watch

They already have. Players with prior injuries, such as Bonds and Biggio, are grandfathered in, IIRC.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I did not know that. Thanks, Doc.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

[​IMG]

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Guillermo Mota hasn't faced him yet.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Barry has never played in Comerica Park has he?

I honestly don't remember if he has or not.

6. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

I hope he homers 2 times/game for the next 4 games and passes the mark before the MFW's of the world have a chance to reload their aiding-and-abetting, sorry-butt ammunition.

Anyone want to take odds on that the next time MFW+ are at the courthouse, there will not be journalists flying in to root for them at the courthouse steps, fawning like teen girls over Elvis back in his slim days? LOL!

Farce.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Oh sure... back the steroid guy...

8. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

Which one?

Which has been a large part of my point the whole time during this witch hunt. I really want to continue to use the term 'lynch mob,' but I used it once today and that's enough gas on the fire for now.

I'm tired of the stuff on Bonds, and I'm actually starting to get tired of the stuff with Vick. I think some of our collective "bad side of human nature" is coming out here, in the unrelenting pusuit of these two men, and it's starting to really sicken me.

And everybody here knows my position is usually not in agreement with the Bill Rhoden's of the world.

That's why I'm so incredibly gleeful about how things seem to be heading in the BALCO trial/MLB PED investigation. Many people did wrong, and for Bonds and Mac, etc, to be the scapegoats for a bunch of lying, incompetent joke MLB management, glory-seeking fraud writers who worked both sides of the steroid fence (we all know who I'm referencing here) and for Joe Guy on the Street is morally anathemic to me. That there are inescapable racial overtones makes it even more nauseating.

It's time to move on in MLB. I can't wait for Bonds to break the record, and will cheer loudly when he does. I do feel badly for Hank Aaron, but this has become much bigger than him, sadly. Aaron is a sympathetic figure in the tragedy which has consumed all of MLB (and many other pro sports) for the last 15+ years.

9. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Oooo, Skip Bayless just had an accident in his pants.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

From what I read on the Kobe thread, he isnt the only one...

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'll wave hi to Pedro Gomez when I'm in Milwaukee on Monday night for the game.

My kids will be with me, so I will show proper restraint when Bonds bats. I promise.

12. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Yeah, because asking people to act like decent human beings, especially those unfortunate enough to be making millions upon millions of dollars playing games, is just unreasonable. And racist, too. I mean, how dare we question a black man's right to train dogs to kill other dogs. I just thank God that ol' Hank, a good, God-fearing white man, held the homerun record as long as he did.

If the world's a fair place, No. 755 would inexplicably get hung up by a gust of wind and die on the track. Over and over and over and over and over.

Draft saved Draft deleted