1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official 2014 Secret Santa thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SecretSanta, Nov 1, 2014.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

As I recall, the original Secret Santa, who had
    That was my intent and a solid handful.

I drove around with it on my dash for months. Got the weirdest looks.

The idea was pretty smart. Each prosthetic was custom cut to match the scar tissue, so it would sit flush. Small magnets would be implanted in the chest and that would keep it in place.

I think the company went out of business though.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

This discussion wasn't meant to be creepy. It's sj history!!!

Back to the spirit of Secret Santa.

Ho ho ho!

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I've gotten Carolina gear from, IIRC, Oz, whose note cracked me up because he's a Kansas fan; VCU gear and some Richmond Times Dispatch gear from Moddy; some damn good cookies and some kind of cake, IIRC, from Vombatus; and a couple of DVDs.

4. Vombatus

That was a chocolate babka from Brooklyn! Hope you are doing great KYS!

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That's what it was, and it was excellent.

I am doing well, Vom. Hope you are, too.

6. Vombatus

Hanging in there, thanks. Really tough year at work, but kept my job. Gained 25 pounds from all the stress though. Main thing that keeps me going is by trying to laugh and enjoy the ride.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I have an awesome collection of hoodies and t-shirts, thanks to this exchange. Plus one year I got a massive pastry - is that the kringle? - that was ridiculously good.
    Another year I got a ton of food from north of the border and, if my old memory serves, some awesome coffee.

I've never been disappointed. Never been close.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I'll bet Vombatus has a prosthetic boob.
    Seven or eight, probably. Place your order now.

9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Despite a very nice message giving me a heads up before the deadline, I still missed the chance to sign up, and I feel bad about that. As many others here seem to, I feel this is one of the coolest things on this site. SportsJournalists.com feels less like a community than it did when I first stumbled upon it, and that's sad, but traditions like this help reverse that trend.

I'm sorry I didn't get myself together enough to get involved this year, but taking part or not, I'm really glad to see someone took over and that it continues.

10. SecretSanta

SecretSanta Member

Happy December. Hope everyone is at least close to shopping and shipping. I know one very efficient SS has already sent a package out.

11. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

This kinder, gentler Santa is as disorienting as seeing twinkle lights wrapped around a palm tree.

12. SecretSanta

SecretSanta Member

Oh, I'll bring the thunder soon if need be. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted