1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official 2014 Secret Santa thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SecretSanta, Nov 1, 2014.

1. SecretSanta

SecretSanta Member

Time's running out for the chance to receive your own memorable gift. Send along your requests by noon on Wednesday.

2. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reminder, Secret Santa. I'm in.

3. SecretSanta

SecretSanta Member

Final reminder: Pairings are going out tonight. If you want to join and haven't signed up yet, please do so by this afternoon. Thanks to everyone who's taking part.

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I'm in, and glad Secret Santa has taken the baton and kept this gift exchange going.

Probably on the naughty list this year, but a lump of coal would come in handy because it's damn cold in my neck of the woods.

5. SecretSanta

SecretSanta Member

Pairings have been sent. If you signed up and didn't send you a message, don't worry -- you're hooked up with someone, I just lost track of who I'd already messaged. So just let me know and I'll send you the info. Thanks again for participating and let me know if there are any questions.

Please try to ship within about a month. That would probably ensure everyone gets their package before Christmas.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I was the intended recipient.
    We had just moved from a house were renting into an apartment temporarily as construction on our own house was wrapping up.
    I had three addresses in my head - the old rental house, the apartment and our soon-to-be-completed house.
    I made a mistake when I sent my address to Secret Santa.

I still feel abject shame as a result of the incident.

It clearly would've been one of the best Xmas gifts I ever got.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

And it could have been regifted throughout the sj community! Damn!

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

JayFarrar can correct me, but I think that was his intent, that I would regift it to someone the following year, and so on.

It would've been very cool.

And although it was not real, I am certain it was spectacular.

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Jay, can you estimate what size cup it was?

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

A prosthetic boob? No wonder there's only about two women left on SportsJournalists.com. Can we at least keep the creepiness off the Secret Santa thread?

11. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I am curious what kind of things people have gotten in the past.

It sounds like a lot of people go over the $20 limit.

12. SecretSanta

SecretSanta Member

I think local T-shirts and sweatshirts are probably the most popular items, followed by local food goodies. In five years, I've gotten four shirts, fudge, candy, a kringle, playing cards and a Christmas ornament.

I've received some pretty specific gift requests that I accommodated with some help from eBay: a vintage college pennant and a vintage license plate.

Draft saved Draft deleted