1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official 2014 Secret Santa thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SecretSanta, Nov 1, 2014.

1. SecretSanta

SecretSanta Member

Ho, Ho, Ho, Merrrrrrrrrrrrrrry Christmas (or whatever holiday you may or may not celebrate)!

It’s that time of year again, the annual SportsJournalists.com Secret Santa Shenanigans! Once again, I'm basically just copying and pasting last year's post.

The rules are simple: Send a PM to this handle with your name OR handle (whatever you feel comfortable with packages being addressed to, but please not both) and address you want the gift shipped to. Please also include a list of gift ideas or things you're interested in. The gift range is $15-20.

Anyone who enters without EXPLICIT statements that they simply cannot afford to ship to another country is eligible to draw one of our foreign posters. And vice versa, for those of you above the border or overseas.

I will close entries at noon ET on Nov. 12. I will send pairings by that night. That gives you more than a month to buy something and put it in the mail. If you don’t think you can do that, please do not sign up as it is not fair to the others who participate.

Things do arise, I know. If something comes up and you will not be able to get a gift in the mail, PLEASE let me know ASAP so I can offer up a second giftee to anyone who wants one, or start shopping myself.

Any questions, PM them here. And as I previously stated, if anyone would be more comfortable knowing my handle or even my real name, I'm happy to share -- just drop me a line.

2. SecretSanta

SecretSanta Member

I'll try to bump this every couple of days. Cheers.

3. SecretSanta

SecretSanta Member

Starting the work week with some holiday cheer!

4. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

And a Christmas bump to all.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

As the reigning Sheep King I consider it part of my role to participate in SJ social activities throughout the year, so I'm joining Secret Santa for the first time.

6. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I'm thinking I may as well. In previous years, I was too worried about people finding out who I was, now, that's not as much of an issue.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

FYI, the deadline is approaching this week, people.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Ok, I am in.

What was the famous SS gift? Someone lost a prosthetic boob or something?

9. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

When does the yelling start?

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

During the Airing of Grievances.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

At 5 o'clock on ESPN.

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Yes, I had gotten a prosthetic boob when I did a story on a company that made them.

Then I included it in a package for my Secret Santa, who, as I recall, didn't provide his real name, but his handle and address.

He can come along and cleanup the details but I think he/she had moved and sent along an old address. Since no name was on the package, I hadn't included mine for a return, my guess is it was opened by some very confused people who surely called the police, or at least postal inspectors, or it is sitting, all by its lonesome, in some postal storage facility, or, more likely, where they stored the arc in Indiana Jones.

Draft saved Draft deleted