1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official 2012 NFL awards predictions thread...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Dec 24, 2012.

1. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

I don't know anything about Jenkins so I'm not going to act like he shouldn't win, but this is a terrible way of evaluating them. The fact that he has more return yards and touchdowns is a factor of where/how the ball is intercepted and whether or not he has a path to the end zone.

I would need to see both play to see who is more consistent making plays or just being in position. Who blew more plays? Questions I'm not not qualified to answer. I do know that Hayward was a lifesaver for the Packers when Woodson was injured.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The Redskins have a rookie back who will hit 1,500 yards and a rookie kicker who hasn't missed a field goal. Does Alfred Morris merit any consideration? And in all the talk about RG3 and Luck, what about Russell Wilson?

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

We have another thread for that view — as wrong as it is. :D

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Sonner certainly can defend himself (even if he is a troll), but all he did was provide factual information. I look at those two sets of numbers and see pretty even resumes.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

MVP - Peyton Manning, Broncos: He has been the best quarterback in the league, and his running backs are shit.
    Offensive player of the year - Adrian Peterson, Vikings: To be challenging the rushing yards record in this era, after that surgery, is incredible.
    Defensive player of the year - J.J. Watt, Texans: The man is a nightmare for quarterbacks.
    Offensive rookie of the year - Robert Griffin III, Redskins: I was going to pick Alfred Morris, then didn't.
    Defensive rookie of the year - Luke Kuechly, Panthers: He leads the league in tackles and has turned around Carolina's defense.
    Coach of the year - Bruce Arians, Colts: I don't see how this is up for debate.
    Comeback player of the year - Peyton Manning, Broncos: He missed an entire season, while Peterson barely missed any time at all.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yeah, bum luck of the draw that so many rookies have played well. In most other years, Wilson might be the leading contender. Problem is he plays the same position as Luck and Griffin and was drafted lower, so he'll get compared head-to-head.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Some highly mediocre running backs have looked like studs in Shanahan's system. Olandis Gary anyone? Fair or unfair, I think that's preventing Morris from getting more love.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

On the other hand, that's the mark of a GREAT system, when you take average backs and have them turn out 1,000-yard seasons.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Right. A troll. /eyeroll

But yeah, I just provided the stats I saw online. I have no clue which one will or should win.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

MVP - Adrian Peterson
    Offensive player of the year - Peyton Manning
    Defensive player of the year - JJ Watt
    Rookie of the year - Robert Griffin III
    Defensive rookie of the year - Janoris Jenkins
    Coach of the year - Bruce Arians
    Comeback player of the year - Peyton Manning

11. MVP: Peyton Manning, Broncos
    Offensive POY: Adrian Peterson, Vikings
    Defensive POY: J.J. Watt, Texans
    Offensive ROY: Russell Wilson, Seattle
    Defensive ROY: Janoris Jenkins, St. Louis
    Coach of the year: Pete Carroll, Seattle
    Comeback POY: Manning, Broncos

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

MVP: Aaron Rodgers
    Offensive POY: Calvin Johnson
    Defensive POY: J.J. Watt
    Offensive ROY: RG3
    Defensive ROY: Janoris Jenkins (UNA BIAS!!!!)
    Coach of the year: Bruce Arians
    Comeback POY: Adrian Peterson

Draft saved Draft deleted