1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Office gifts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PHINJ, Dec 21, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Wanna be my boss, good sir?

2. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Baked goods or candy are always a good.

I know some despise gift cards and gift certificates, but they can be well appreciated and very practical. My boss knows I'm big into home improvement, so he gave me a generous gift card to a local hardware store. In return, I gave him gift certificates to his favorite coffee shop across the street and a gift card to Barnes & Noble. As with all gifts, the key is to know the recipient well enough to provide something useful.

3. who despises gift cards?

Since my love of fast food is no secret, boss got me 2 $10 gift cards for Burger King.

Awesome.

4. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

On a previous thread, there was a link to an article about why gift cards supposedly suck. Some don't dig them. Like yourself, I find them very useful.

5. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

These guys deserved it. They put up with a lot.

They got me nice presents, too. A gift card and framed photos of three of the people we cover who I hate the most.

6. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

the shocker

Draft saved Draft deleted