1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Officals botched instant replay in the Rose Bowl

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mmmm_Donuts, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

I got out before that secret did. ;D

2. Frylock

Frylock Member

You know, I thought it was our job as jounalists to report the truth, whether it's 10 months old or whatever.
    And no, college football does not take the replay system seriously. Or at least there are way too many incompetent crews out there.

3. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Jesus, let's hope no one ever uncovers evidence of a gunman behind the fence in Dallas. I guess that would be old news, too.

On a serious note, the play with Young's knee touching was huge. You never assume they'll score anyway. All it takes is a fumbled snap. As for the Bush lateral/forward pitch, I don't recall anyone in the box questioning it and we had the good ABC replays to review.

4. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

A colleague of mine uncovered the truth behind the assassination of JFK, but his editors pointed out it took place 43 years ago and killed the story...

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And this just in: Don Denkinger blew the call.

And Kerry Fraser missed Gretzky's high stick on Gilmour.

Draft saved Draft deleted