1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Off to a rousing start

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HejiraHenry, Aug 29, 2008.

1. e_bowker

e_bowker Member

Thanks to South Panola -- a team that usually throws about as much as a 1970s-era Big 8 team -- turning into the '99 Kentucky Wildcats, we were 30 minutes late. Bastards threw 25 times in a game that was the second half of a doubleheader and started at 9 p.m. Finished around 11:45.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Our web-based prep whirlygig system crashed and burned tonight. Instead of sitting in the prep slot, I entered every yardstick by hand, sifting through the coding in our publishing system.
    Now, I drink.

3. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Old story, many moons ago...
    Working the desk, especially on Friday nights in the fall, was always an adventure.
    We noticed page releases in the early days of pagination were timestamped by each computer and not by a central clock. Never missed a page deadline for a whole year.

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

We improved some on Friday night.

Clanked the deadline by about 10 minutes, but that's typical for a first night.

I feel pretty confident that we can pull it next week.

Draft saved Draft deleted