1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Off limits" does NOT apply to Chris Berman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smasher_Sloan, May 23, 2009.

1. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

I can imagine. Even in small markets, the local TV guys can park anywhere, get the first interviews and get schmoozed over while the print guy or gal who's there are day every day gets pushed aside. The power of the visual.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

More like the power of the slobbering blow job.

3. My mom used to say tuchis a lot when I was growing up. Weird to see it in print. Never occurred to me it's spelled that way.

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

ESPN guys in both football and men's basketball have different rules on my SEC beat, too. Most of the SIDs are incredibly apologetic about it, but it's not their decision. The coaches make that call.

5. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

I got pissed one day when I used tuchis in a column, only to find it changed to "tuchi" the next day. Apparently, my damn editor thought I wanted to say tooshy.

6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I've seen instances where rightsholders are granted special access for things like 1-on-1's or a feature at a player's home, but I've never seen them routinely granted access to areas that are posted off limits to media.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Sadly, those of us with Dish have no choice since DirecTV owns a piece of MLB Network.

8. dargan

dargan Active Member

I thought the same thing, write-brained.

Berman's a jackass. This shouldn't surprise anyone.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

He's been in a carb coma for at least 10 years.

I'm happy to say I haven't heard his face or seen his face on my TV since I got DirecTV.

ESPN -- Just Say No.

10. Carb Coma?
    Band name!

Draft saved Draft deleted