1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Of cough drops and jackhammers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jan 22, 2007.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

So I thought I was going to die this morning.
    Sound alseep, my world came crashing down. It was a loud noise and my first thought was, 'yep, I'm having a stroke.' Then, moments later, I realized it wasn't a stroke, but what was making that godawful racket? I investigated. It was the friendly neighborghood work crew and this morning was the day of the jackhammer. The day they busted through the concrete in my driveway as they continue with the sidewalk project if front of my house.
    If you really want to wake up, try having a jackhammer 15 feet from your bedroom window.
    With the day off to a rousing start, I have a 10 a.m. presser to get ready for and we have 8 o'clock staff every morning. Used to be on the phone, now it's a nifty VOIP thing.
    So after the presser, I had to interview someone and my voice is cracking since I'm starting to catch a cold. I really needed a cough drop, but didn't have one. So you really haven't lived until you are quizzing a state policy director on something fairly controversial and your voice is cracking like a a 13-year old boy hitting puberty.
    I then made it to the drug store and one Ricola later, my voice is fine and my throat doesn't hurt. Like a miracle.

2. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I awoke to someone weed-whacking outside my apartment. Then I came here and no one was in the lab.

My story's pretty lame.

Hope your day gets better.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Check with the city and see if they have a noise ordinance. If they do and the friendly neighborhood work crew starts too soon, call the cops...

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I wish I could do audio on here.
    Gotta love the concrete saw. I think I'm going to skip out and go see a movie.
    Maybe Children of Men. Of course I'm limited to matinee choices.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

After a late night on the desk (what other kind of nights are there?) I woke up to the lovely sound of my landlord using a pressure washer on my bedroom window and the siding.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

You realize, of course, that you may retaliate in any manner you'd like and no jury would convict you.

7. GoZags!!

GoZags!! Member

Go see 'The Queen.' I want to see it but haven't had the chance yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted