1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Of All The Sad Things That Have Happened at Yankee Stadium

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 3, 2008.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

We need an Ian Kennedy thread to complete the trifecta of over-hyped crumb-bum Yankee phenoms.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I hope someone from SportsJournalists.com is in the room when Girardi's head explodes in a post game presser.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Why don't other teams use their best (or 2nd best) pitcher in the 8th inning?

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

That question has never been answered.

Used to be a closer would appear 65 times and pitch 100 innings. La Russa changed all that.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The Braves did that for a while last year, with Soriano and/or Gonzalez working the eighth and Wickman working the ninth. Worked like a charm for about the first month, but then Gonzalez got hurt and Wickman started bitching about being brought into non-save situations and got his fat ass released ...

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

TBS

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

So says the man who said he did not qualify for tax rebate then complained when his did not arrive yet.

You want verification- go ask you boss how good my seats are.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I meant as opposed to starting.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

Well........this is certainly becoming entertaining!!!!

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I agree. Girardi and Cashman have to march in lockstep with noted baseball man Hank Steinbrenner, who, it should be noted, wasn't at the Stadium last night to view his little chemistry experiment.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

i've been mostly silent on the joba issue. methinks it's time to speak up:

HANK'S A MORON. CASHMAN/GIRARDI ARE TOOLS.

joba shoulda remained in the pen in tandem with rivera. the yanks' are a rotation full of seven-inning pitchers, at best. the pen leading up to mo is now a complete mess, impacting on several games a week.

joba as a starter, when his arm is built up, impacts on a little more than one game per week. for this team, this year, what's best is joba in the pen and figuring out who/how to plug in the rotation holes.

want joba to become a starter eventually, fine. spend the offseason figuring out how to get a bridge guy to mo and spend next spring getting joba set to start.

the yanks have simply done a lovely job of effing up the rotation and the pen for the sake of jobaworld. can only imagine how guys like jeter and a-rod really feel about all this.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

My biggest fear is that Joba ends up blowing his arm out after all this.

Draft saved Draft deleted