1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oden or Durant

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, Feb 6, 2007.

?

Who would you pick if the draft was tomorrow and you had the first pick?

1. Greg Oden

22 vote(s)
    64.7%
  2. Kevin Durant

12 vote(s)
    35.3%
  3. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Uncle_buck

Uncle_buck Member

Actually Chad Ford described Julian Wright perfectly in his blog..... He is an enigma. For all his skills someone who is quite happy to take a back seat and let the game pass him by one night and then goes for 33 and 12 against Missouri another night. J Wright has all the skills except the aforementioned consistent perimeter game. He just needs to be demanding, assertive, and aggressive each and every game if he is going to be picked any where near the top 5.

That said we are back to this upside thing again and Wright could be one of those players who is picked higher in the draft than the inconsistency of his performances justify.

2. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Oh ok, I was talking about the UNC Wright. Isn't he the one considered a little bit higher? Either way I didn't like him when I saw him and what I've heard about him. Don't know as much about the one from Kansas. And the contract thing, I was just making a point not going for accuracy, but I see that you realize that.

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I agree with you Boobie. UNC Wright didn't really impress too much and he definitely needs more time. I'm not a big fan of tall, skinny kids. I keep getting flashbacks of Shawn Bradley.

4. Uncle_buck

Uncle_buck Member

Apparently there is a possibility that Durant may stay on at college

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2766880

I myself can't really believe that he will go back for his second year. I know they related the story to Tim Duncan staying in for four years but Tim is completely different personality and a far more understated character.

The hype round this years draft is just amazing and say what you want about the decision not to allow HS kids to go straight to the draft, but Durant, Oden, Noah, Wright etc are all making the college game so interesting and they have all developed a personality as a college star rather than as a player getting some exposure running up and down the NBA court for 25 minutes a game. These guys are going to hit the NBA as more fully fledged personalities than if they had gone straight from HS.

Draft saved Draft deleted