1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oden or Durant

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, Feb 6, 2007.

?

Who would you pick if the draft was tomorrow and you had the first pick?

1. Greg Oden

22 vote(s)
    64.7%
  2. Kevin Durant

12 vote(s)
    35.3%
  3. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Scoreboard -- Ellis sucks donkey balls!!!

2. Good for you.

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

:-*

4. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

The way there both playing right now I will take Kevin Durant over Oden, but I really want to see when Oden has full-strength in that right hand if thats going to make a difference in his game play.

5. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Rambo favoring Durant makes me want to reconsider my stance. ... Nah, I'll stick with what I said, even though Norman and I seem to be in the minority. ... People are really stretching it when they cite Dampier/the Mavericks as an example of why you have to have the big man. To me, that just bolsters the fact that you can do a lot of damage if you can find a big man who isn't a TOTAL stiff -- as long as you surround him with terrific players, the way the Mavs had. The Mavs made it to the Finals last year as an outside-inside team, and the Heat sure as hell didn't win it all because of their inside game.

6. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Oden is just a beast. Not a full strenght and playing with an injured hand, he's still a dominating presence. I never saw him healthy, but he already looks very impressive.

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Oden...no question about it.

8. Uncle_buck

Uncle_buck Member

Any chance either of them decides to go onto being a sophomore? Would Oden go to the NBA if his wrist isn't 100% come draft time? Does his stock fall if there is a sniff that it's not 100% by GM's and scouts?

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Probably not. And if his stock were to fall, it probably wouldn't be near enough to drop out of the top five.

10. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

I have to agree with you on that one.

11. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Thats what I want to see because him at full strength kinda scares me off.

12. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

There numbers are equally the same.

Draft saved Draft deleted