1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oden or Durant

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, Feb 6, 2007.

?

Who would you pick if the draft was tomorrow and you had the first pick?

1. Greg Oden

22 vote(s)
    64.7%
  2. Kevin Durant

12 vote(s)
    35.3%
  3. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Man, they've both blown me away recently. I don't think you could go wrong either way.

In final analysis, though, I've got to go with the big man who can be offensively dominant. They're so few and far between these days.

Oden has a hell of a lot of nuance to his offensive game for any big man, let alone a teen-ager.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Garnett doesn't have any rings because his surrounding cast, save for one season, has been piss-poor compared to what Shaq's had nearly his whole career.

Put Garnett in Shaq's place on the Lakers or the Heat and what happens? Championship.

3. Uncle_buck

Uncle_buck Member

Precisely the number of years his contract and all the other duds McHales surrounded it with have allowed.

Lakers, Spurs, Pistons, Heat have all had a big man presence in winning the rings.

Why is the game more running and smaller? Because all the big centres around right now are either on the way down or not up to it. Oden will change all that.

4. Norman Stansfield

Learn how to spell centers, and then get back to me.

;D

5. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Because that never works. If you could put a number on talent, two 50s are never worth one 100. You have to take the transcendent talent and surround him the best way you can.

6. Uncle_buck

Uncle_buck Member

Hmmm you got me there! A US board I really should sort out my US spelling!

Colour - Color
    Pragramme - Program
    Centre - Center

Let's pray that the word Aluminium doesn't need to be used in discussion :D

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I'll agree with you on the Sixers' perimeter D. It is terrible with a capital TERRIBLE! Dalembert and Oden would work well together in my opinion. Two big guys who are extremely athletic that can run the floor. How would the Sixers get run into the ground with those guys?

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Indeed. Texas is 2-8 against teams with a top-50 RPI this season.

9. Norman Stansfield

That's not a knock against either one. But you can't play two 7-footers at the same time in the NBA because you'd get killed in transition.

10. Against a team like the Suns, Bulls or Nets, sure. But 2/3 of the teams in the league can't run a fast break worth shit. Also, it's not like Oden and Dalembert are Chris Kaman and Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

11. Norman Stansfield

Ellis, you fucking chickenhawk.

12. Shouldn't you be off oiling JDV's muscles, whatever?

Draft saved Draft deleted