1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oden or Durant

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, Feb 6, 2007.

?

Who would you pick if the draft was tomorrow and you had the first pick?

1. Greg Oden

22 vote(s)
    64.7%
  2. Kevin Durant

12 vote(s)
    35.3%
  3. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

OK. With football in the rear view mirror, I'm ready to be educated about another sport. So if you had the first pick and the NBA draft was tomorrow, who would you pick and why? For the purposes of the discussion let's assume that center and forward are both needs. Who is going to be the better pro?

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Re: Oden or Durrant

It's "Durant." And I would take a healthy Oden.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I stand corrected... I changed it in the thread title. Don't think I can do it in the poll.

4. Re: Oden or Durrant

What he said. Hell, even if the wrist doesn't heal properly I'd still take him. Shaq can't even bend his wrists and will be a Hall of Famer.

5. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Durant. He'll be a better KG with a jumper.

6. WSKY

WSKY Member

Oden, this guy is going to be the real deal

7. whichever one the Sixers get is fine with me, but we have enough athletes (Iguodala, Carney, etc.) so I'll take Greg Oden

8. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Dalembert's playing out of his ass. Take Durant!!! Neither Iggy nor Carney can hold Durant's jock right now, let alone when he's actually drafted.

9. Uncle_buck

Uncle_buck Member

I'm taking Oden even though there is a chance the guy is older than Dikembe Mutombo.

Just think that a dominant 7ft center is what I would take for my team over a dynamic 3 all day long

10. Exactly. No one faults the Rockets for taking Olajuwon over Jordan. Can't-miss centers trump can't-miss anything elses.

11. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Oden, without a doubt.

12. John

John Well-Known Member

I'm far more impressed with Durant than Oden, but I haven't seen either play more than a couple of times.

Draft saved Draft deleted