1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Odd. This wasn't on Notre Dame's Weis transcript.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BigDog, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Is it really good, however, for coaches to start being literary critics? It's one thing to be pissed about the content. But the device used? Seems like something that Charlie wouldn't be worried about if he was 4-0 instead of 0-4.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I agree with you on the column, though I've never been a big fan of that device, either.

The larger point here is Weiss's reaction to the column than the column itself.

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I love watching people slowly gain this incredibly inflated opinion of themselves and getting too cocky before falling apart like Tony Montana. It makes for great print every time.

4. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Hey, at least Large Charles didn't trot out the crapola line of "I don't read the papers," because now it's blatantly obvious — you know, like an 0-4 record with more ranked teams headed your way against your overmatched team — that he does. Guess he has time to do that. No sense in putting together a gameplan for another drubbing.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Notre Dame and the Big 10 need each other more than ever now.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

If anything, they're reaching towards the Big East, as currently constituted. Go elsewhere online, and check ND's projected non-con skeds for the foreseeable . . .
    it says plenty.

Draft saved Draft deleted