1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Odd. This wasn't on Notre Dame's Weis transcript.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BigDog, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Well, ripping on Notre Dame never gets old, at least to me. But I know what you mean.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

That's a required-reading, dynamite piece.

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Oz, that was my point exactly. It's such great sport to bash Notre Dame, and Charlie in particular, that it might be worthy of a running thread. You know, because we'll keep laying into them all season long (especially when they're 3-8.)

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Tremendous - You have to tip your hat to the Southbend Trib - between Hansen and Jeff Carroll they are not going to cut ND or Charlie any slack because they are the hometown team.

The only thing that Hansen did not mention in his story was that besides spawning ill tempered coaches, Parcells also spawned us an ill tempered radio host in Mike Francesa.

5. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

Wow. It evokes images of Cruise and Nicholson facing off in court in "A Few Good Men," except it's Hansen playing the Nicholson role: <b>The truth? You can't handle the truth.</b>

Mr. Weis needs to take a long, reflective walk in the coming days and perhaps admit to himself that he's not as brilliant as he thinks he is.

6. Boom_70

this has more of a caine mutany feel to it with Fat Charlie as Capt Queeg.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It helps Hansen that it's a great story. If this lasts through next season, Tubbo is bucking to be the biggest South Bend disaster since Joe Kuharich, whose blubbering incompetence drove the Irish brain trust to raid Evanston for Parseghian.

8. Boom_70

this time it will be to Florida. They blew it last time around by not giving Meyer whatever he wanted.

the big time speed players want to play in the fast moving spread that Meyer has built.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

True, but that didn't keep Notre Dame from getting those players when Holtz was there.

Then again, taking into account the recruiting violations that Minnesota got busted for right after the old snowballer's departure, we may have an idea how Holtz pulled that off for ND.

11. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Will not happen. Meyer's making over 3 million a year already, is a god thanks to his national title and gets anything he wants in terms of resources. Why the hell would he look at that gig now?

12. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

I do hate that column construction. I think it's the worst device a sportswriter can use. For all but one reader -- and apparently he read it! -- the article becomes a lie with the first sentence.
    Think about it.
    Says:
    "You're Charlie Weis ..."
    My response:
    "No, I'm not. I'm Twoback. He's Charlie Weis."
    I'll give Weis credit for knowing a bad column device when he sees it. Perhaps he should pursue another career?

Draft saved Draft deleted