1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Odd. This wasn't on Notre Dame's Weis transcript.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BigDog, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Is this what happens when assistant coaches can't speak to the media under Belichick? They're this ill-equipped to take the heat later on? I'm sure Weis thinks he should get preferential treatment from the local media, but what this comes off as is a guy who can't handle the heat in South Bend, Ind. What happens when Chicago really gets going? Or maybe he thinks he can push around the small-town media, being the big man that he is, intimidate them out of criticizing him. He won Super Bowls, don't you know?

Dumb move.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So if youre down on your luck
    I know you all sympathize
    Find a girl with far away eyes
    And if youre downright disgusted
    And life aint worth a dime
    Get a girl with far away eyes

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

We have Bill Parcells to thank for creating a whole stable of ill mannered coaches like Weis.

4. Boom_70

Have you ever been to Bakersfield?

5. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Do we need a running Charlie Weis thread? I count no fewer than three separate threads on this d-bag on the front page of the various boards.

6. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Agreed. They all should be like Bill Belichick.

Weis is a jerk to that paper. I hope they keep right on him, a la, doing their job.

7. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Thank you for posting this.

8. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

Charlie/The Tuna are slightly more charming when they deliver their crap while they're winning. When they're losing and pull these nonsense, the public gets to see them for what the are: Arrogant, childish and bullying.

Weis had better develop thicker skin, because the scrutiny from media, fans, alums and (presumably the administration) is going to get worse throughout the season as ND stays far below the Mendoza Line -- or, as its known in South Bend, the Faust Line.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

At least Parcells was able to back it up with a couple of Super Bowls, as Coach Hoodie has done with three.

Weiss is just an over-rated loudmouth whose job would already be in jeopardy if Notre Dame hadn't been dumb enough to give him that huge contract extension.

10. Boom_70

Funny - you posting on a thread started by Big Dog. You seem to detest him so much.

11. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Unbelievable, thats all I can say to this debacle.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That should tell you something about Weiss, that even BigDog and I can agree on this.

I clicked on this thread based on the topic. The issue between BigDog and I has absolutely no business on this thread. Even he has had the sense to realize that. Too bad you couldn't follow that example.

Now can we please get back on topic?

Draft saved Draft deleted