1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Odd. This wasn't on Notre Dame's Weis transcript.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BigDog, Sep 21, 2007.

1. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Forgive me if this is a d_b. I've been traveling all day and am too tired to look.

In Weis' transcript issued by Notre Dame today, odd that this exchange got edited out:

QUESTION: Charlie, you mentioned that you were happy with Jimmy Clausen's emotional state, in terms of not having faraway eyes and so forth. How about metabolizing everything that's going on in terms of X's and O's and how you want him to progress as the season goes along?
    WEIS: Well, would you like for me to answer this in the first person, second person or third person? Well, you probably have that answer. So we'll move on. Next question.

The question does appear in other transcripts, but not the one issued by the WeiSIDs.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Who on earth would ask such a thing?

3. 35in44

35in44 Member

Yes, that question was asked.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"metabolizing??"

WTF ::) ::) ::) ::)

I'm ripping the shit out of Weis on a couple other threads, but I don't blame him for blowing this one off. Although you'll notice he did it in his usual condescending, patronizing, sneering manner, of course.

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm slow, but WTF does Weis' response even mean?
    Besides, "Next question."

6. IU90

IU90 Member

I can see why they chose to disregard that exchange, it sucked all around. "Metabolizing" is simply awful word choice for that already bad question. And Weis' flip dismissal is just nonsensical.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

why would anyone wanna use the word "Metabolize" around him? Its like asking Miss Teen South Carolina if she's mapped out her career intentions.

8. araparseghian

araparseghian New Member

9. araparseghian

araparseghian New Member

And, no, I'm not Eric.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, now Weiss's answer makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

I'm not sure why anybody would be surprised that the sports information people would pick and choose what quotes to transcribe. I've seen it done many times by many different organizations at the college and pro level. If you only get the canned quotes, you're probably going to miss something.

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

This thread had me confused.

While the question was hardly "Mike Wallace," it was no different than 9 tenths of the crap I hear on a daily basis.

Now it makes sense. Thanks for posting, ara.

12. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Damn, good to see Eric Hansen working his corners and showing Weis his pimphand. Whitlock would be proud.

And I'm not Eric.

Draft saved Draft deleted