1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Odd suggestion for solving the performance-enhancing drugs problem in sports.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oggiedoggie, Aug 16, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Isn't he already in it?

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I heard Don Bragg on Rick Barry's old show on KNBR talking about a similar thing.
    It's easy to write such ideas off as crack-pot, but it's an interesting line of thinking.
    Bragg's point was that improving technology is constantly changing sports. When he won his gold medal in 1960, vaulters used stiff poles. Now vaulters use high-tech flex poles. To the average person looking at the records, it seems like it's all the same, but the different eras are actually vastly different because of the technology. Despite that difference, the records still count.
    Bragg said maybe it's time to accept performance-enhancing drugs as part of the technological advancement of sports. Get the drugs controlled, regulated and administered by team physicians.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I know in powerlifting there are federations that drug-test and there are federations that don't.
    I think bodybuilding is the same.
    Of course, most people don't care about either sport.

4. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

Re: Odd suggestion for solving the performance-enhancing drugs problem in sports

now wait just a darn minute, are you trying to say bodybuilders use drugs?

5. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Nah.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sure... people outside the Bay Area need competition too...

Draft saved Draft deleted