1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

October surprise

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TheSportsPredictor, Oct 19, 2020.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

The 14-year-old boy in me loves that headline. Hell, so does the 48-year-old boy in me!

Webster and HanSenSE like this.
  2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I'm old enough to remember seeing love letters right in the fkn work queue. More than once. That was a different culture, but at least it was somewhat more secretive.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

4. Danwriter

Danwriter Member

Malcolm Gladwell from the hairline up.

5. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Guess they couldn't
    pull the trigger on
    HE'S A
    WANKER!

7. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I think the constant crises caused by this administration and the unending crush of news, day in and day out, ended up biting them in the butt. Their October surprise never stood a chance because the onslaught of news has just overwhelmed everybody. Hunter Biden sucks, who cares. Next?

CD Boogie and wicked like this.
  8. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

Maya really gets it. Love this perceptive ending: "The low-paid grunt workers feed the content mines, absorb the social blowback from a hastily written headline, and allow for the Toobins of the world to continue their largely metaphorical — but sometimes literal — masturbatory practices."

It says something about the "grunt workers" that there aren't more embarrassing mistakes since those grunt workers are HASTILY writing stories, then writing headlines, choosing photos, recording videos all day long, seven days a week.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Been a couple weeks now.

Whither Toobin?

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Did he get the shaft?

12. Readallover

Readallover Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted