1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ochocinco launches iPhone app

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by goalmouth, Oct 14, 2009.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I really do like this guy.
  3. goalmouth

goalmouth Active Member

Now I see Mark Sanchez has his own app, as well.
  4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I was following Ocho's twitter page last night for a few minutes, and apparently he was offering five free trips to the game Sunday. To enter, you had to buy something from his site, and then he'd draw five customer order numbers as the winners. Pretty cool.

He also put something up last week alerting everyone that he'd be at such and such steakhouse and that dinner's on him. I think 20 people showed up and Ocho posted a pic of the group and the bill. Nothing extravagant, but still pretty damn cool.

I'm waiting on Cooley to do it at the Chantilly Hooters.
  5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

That guy is great.

Very creative, and just as tough.

The way he bounced up from that Ray Lewis assault Sunday was incredible.

Go Bengals.
  6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

and didn't he ask Goodell not to fine Lewis; that it was nothing more than part of the game?

I like it.
  7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Somehow, he has kept from quite reaching the TO or Brandon Marshall scourge status.

It's like he walked to the precipice of that cliff... and stepped back.

I really hope that the Bengals finish strong... perhaps that will ensure more seasons of HBO's Hard Knocks.
  8. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Not a big fan, but either he or someone he knows, is a smart marketer.
  9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If you had to rank the guys in the NFL for the combination of being likable and quotable, he's damn close to the top.

His rep has taken a bit of a hit over the last couple years, but damn was he fun to deal with when I was covering the NFL. Every beat writer should have a quote like that in their locker room.
  10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He just seems like he's having fun. He talks big, but he usually backs it up and has rarely seemed disrespectful. I know people have overreacted a few times, but he's just having fun, with the opponents, with the media, with the fans, everyone...
  11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Cooley treats his fans to Wienerschnitzel.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I noticed, after he scored in the Cleveland game, that one of his linemen grabbed him before he could jump in the dog pound. To even consider doing that shows guts.
Draft saved Draft deleted