1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ocho Cinco

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Giggity, Aug 29, 2008.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

Fine, if I were to write any stories, I'd say Chad Johnson (who should have legally changed his name to Attention Whore).

2. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Member

I get the impression that a lot of outlets just dont know how to proceed with this because it just seems too ridiculous to ACTUALLY be legitimate. like we should just wait for the point where he comes out and admits its another attention-whoring gag and proceed per usual

3. (I hope it's clear I'm not actually angry about this ESPN choice - and that I am simply excited to read stories about Chad Ocho Cinco's shoulder.)

4. The crawl on ESPN right now just mention's "Chad Johnson's shoulder ..." No Ocho-Stinko. :-\

5. markvid

markvid Guest

As it should be. Why get dragged into it when you know it's a publicity stunt.

6. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

My personal button was people calling LaDanian Tomlinson "LT."

That's taken.

7. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

When Lloyd Free legally changed his name to World B. Free, how was he referenced? Isn't it the same situation.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

He was called World B. Free.

9. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

A quick check pf public records would prove if this is legitimate or a gag. It his legal name is legal name is Chad Ocho Cinco, refer to him as Ocho Cinco. Or better yet, just Cinco.

10. Saying that pronunciation out loud made me then laugh out loud.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

we just won't refer to him other than in boxes.

12. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

So what's your take on Cross Canadian Ragweed being referred to as CCR?

Draft saved Draft deleted