1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ocho Cinco a 'Skin?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by rube, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Washington should take the leap so long as Zorn isn't leaky faucet like Marvin Lewis, who fed Deion Sanders and Keyshawn Johnson dirt about Ocho. It wasn't even dirt - Lewis just wanted to lay blame at C. Johnson's feet.

Lewis is arguably the worst head coach in NFL.

2. rube

rube Active Member

Come on now, Marv might be having his issues but saying he's worse than, say, Rod Marinelli, Brad Childress, Lane Kiffin and the like?
    Although I will say that any former qb's coach that spent time mentoring Scott Mitchell might not be the BEST choice in the world.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The 3 best receivers in the game, Terrell Owens, Randy Moss and Chad Johnson own ZERO Rings and 2 Super Bowl appearances.

Owens' teams are 1-6 in the last 7 playoff games in which he appeared.
    Moss' teams are 6-5 in playoff games, but until he got to NE, he was 0-2 in Conf Championships games, including a the 41-0 destruction he got against the Giants. In a Championship game, Moss quit running routes in the 1st half.
    In 7 years Chad's been to one playoff game, a loss.

Having a great receiver is a wonderful luxury, but it is the most dependent position on the field, and, at times, occupied by the most selfish players in the game.

Big mouth pompous receivers don't win championships. If the Redskins had a brain in the front office, they'd build from the O and D lines out, not trade picks for a self aggrandizing prick who has won NOTHING

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

And?

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

God I hope so [jason campbell]

God I hope so [roy williams]

God I hope so [marvin williams]

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Bengals are nothing already. As a fan, I can watch them go 6-10 or 7-9 annually without 85's bullcrap. All he cares about is his next touchdown celebration.

7. rube

rube Active Member

Amen brother.
    Give me a bunch of Wes Welker's or Amani Toomer's...guys who just run routes, catch passes and block.
    And as a Lions fan who knows ALL too well the pitfalls of falling in love with wide receivers and the disasters of having no line play -- I couldn't agree more.
    If you can't run the ball or keep people off your qb, none it it matters anyway.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Well, Mathis caught 485 passes over the rest of his career to Rison's 315. You tell me which guy was never the same player again.

9. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Johnson is a great receiver, but I can't see him being the key piece the Redskins need to get deeper into the playoffs.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Jason Campbell is a young, improving quarterback. But does he have it in him to tell a Chad Johnson to STFU if and when Ocho Cinco bitches about not getting the ball?

11. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Did Carson Palmer? I can't remember Palmer coming out an publicly talking about Johnson's antics.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

We don't?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted