1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ocean's Thirteen

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cansportschick, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I went to Ocean's Thirteen last night and it was the funniest one out of the three Oceans. Did anyone else see it?

I love the part where Rusty catches Danny watching Oprah and crying. I actually saw the episode of Oprah that is in the movie where Nate Berkus gives a mother who works at Starbucks a new house for her and her many children. I won't give away anything else but the ending was too funny. I couldn't stop laughing.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Honestly, I thought this movie was kind of boring. It just seemed slow and dull and long.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Better than Oceans 12, but isn't everything?

Oceans 13 was OK. Not bad, but very mediocre.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It was your basic popcorn movie. Not as good as 11 but OK for two hours of mindless entertainment.

Bunch of good looking guys pulling a caper. What more can you ask for?

Cinematography was fabulous, script was ridiculous but what can you say: Brad Pitt and George Clooney are guys' guys.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You'd be better off seeing...

Sicko
    Die Hard 4
    Hot Fuzz
    Knocked Up

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Saw Hot Fuzz in February (I was in England at the time and it came out a lot earlier there) and absolutely loved it. Saw Knocked Up a month ago and loved it as well, not sure which I think is funnier since I saw Hot Fuzz a while back.

7. I saw Ocean's 13 a second time last night. Still outstanding for us.

That was a double-dip situation. We saw Knocked Up first, and it also was outstanding.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Not to mention Ratatouille which opens today and by every review I've read so far may be the absolute best movie of the summer.

Here's one from the Star

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/article/230667

Pretty much the same treatment in the Globe, the Sun & NYTimes. One said it's the best Pixar flick yet.

9. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Other than Sicko, those movies take a major pass. Yuck!
    I am going to see Ratatouille this week. I saw the 9 minute preview on CBC last Saturday after work and it looks really good.

Draft saved Draft deleted