1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Occupying an apartment from scratch

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dixiehack, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

You missed the woman under the other woman.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Are you in love with the other woman?

3. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Guessing you've left the state by now. I have a hard time believing anyone in ND doesn't have a friend with a truck.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

His life was fine (yes, it was) until she blew his mind.

5. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Does it make you wanna pick up your guitar?

6. Riptide

That was a great '80s song.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0noL8UKoys0

7. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

From what I've heard, it's not at all difficult to imagine Herpes with no friends period.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Thanks for letting me know.

9. Riptide

Roll Tide, kid.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

We have a waterfall now: http://yhoo.it/14fsgzb

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Again thank you all for the kind thoughts. Sorry for the delayed update.

There are a lot of details I can't/don't want to share on a public forum. But in a nutshell, my estranged wife has gotten an ex parte order barring me from my house, and thus most of my possessions. After going through my lawyer, I got a one-time pass to enter my garage and get my bed. She also left a few other items, including a dresser and some dishes. The friend who helped me get that moved also threw in a dining room table and chairs, along with a TV and a grill.

I do have washer/dryer hookups, but that will be down the road, along with a sofa. My next big goal is a microwave, and also a cookbook for beginners. My culinary abilities end following directions for prepackaged meals, and I need to be able to eat cheaper and better than that. I did splurge ($17) for a TV antenna to see if I can pick up some OTA stations. Uverse and Internet access are in the distant future.

Soon enough, I will need to get 1-2 more beds for when the kids stay with me, along with some toys and games for them. But right now, I've scratched out the beginnings of a home and I'm happy with it.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Dixie, stay strong and keep fighting. You'll come out on top.

Draft saved Draft deleted