1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Occupy Game Day

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Oct 11, 2011.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure Saturday something will get through. And it will be cool and funny, though "Chris in Syracuse" was seriously funny and will be hard to beat. And they had the guy on today who did it. "Oh, it's just a buddy of ours who couldn't make it here."

And as mentioned above, if the Mothership just lets it go, it would go away. But for those trying to pull it off and then they do ... it makes it so much more funny.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

"Phone Home Webby"

"Send Money Moddy"

"8 seconds"

" We Miss You Spnited"

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

"What"

"Is"

"Sign"

"Padding"

"?"

4. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

ESPN became the Gestapo when it started raking in $400 million a month in cable subscription fees. ESPN believes it owns and rules the sports world.

There are so many clever/subversive ways to get around this if ESPN does start trying to censor signs. Just do a sign "Craig James=Anti Christ" then cover with another innocuous sign then pull off the cover.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

"FuckabunchScripps"

"Meet Me In St. Louie, Mitchie!"

"Real AND Spectacular"

And who the fuck does ESPN think it is anyway? Censoring signs in a public area? Make it big enough in the background with camera angles in the background... think Citgo sign over Fenway...

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The idea that ESPN is still working on its "Ethics policy" but have time for this nonsense - really makes me wonder.

7. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

All right. Can someone explain the "Chris in Syracuse" line to those of us out of the loop?

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That part's not news, it's entertainment. No need to worry about ethics there.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Chris in Syracuse is a caller to the show who calls pretty much at the same time every freakin' day. I was/still am convinced it might be one of the show's staffers.

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

I think I'd fall off the couch if Joey Boots showed up when Corso puts on a cheesehead or whatever helmet and starts yelling "Howard Stern's penis."

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Just hold up a huge picture of Ron Franklin.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It's been said on the air that he has called every show since the show came back post-ESPN. And before they started on TV two years ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted