1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Observe and Report

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CentralIllinoisan, Apr 11, 2009.

1. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

What a wretched and gratuitous film. If filmmaker Jody Hill had a point in the extreme violence and pointless cursing, I missed it. And, and the kicker, it was wholly unfunny.

And this is from me -- the same guy who loves American Psycho, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs and any number of violent, sadistic films.

But ya gotta have a point, brother.

2. I've heard it described as "Taxi Driver as directed by Kevin Smith"

Pretty mixed reviews from the sources I trust, but I'm still looking forward to Netflixing it.

3. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

More like Taxi Driver directed by a ultraviolent 13-year-old.

4. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Nothing about the previews looked even remotely funny. Rogen's great, but every now and then you can just tell someone's picked the wrong script.

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Seth Rogen and Ray Liotta...I will be seeing this ASAP.

EW gave it an A-. I usually find them to be pretty accurate.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

If you're going looking for Superbad, it's not. It's supposedly dark, like Heathers.

Rogen said in an interview that you kind of realize a bit of the way in that this guy's literally crazy, and not in a good way.

7. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

This movie sucked.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Between the marriage and this, you are making it REAL hard to keep crushing on you. :D

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

If you like your movies to fit neatly into one category or another, this one is not for you.
    It seems like it's trying to be a dark comedy, an action movie and a drama and it's not very good as any of those things.

Draft saved Draft deleted