1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Observations from ten years ago...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rosie, Nov 30, 2007.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Their songs as odes to both Kathy Ireland and Kim Catrell are some of the funniest I'd ever heard. I loved MST3K!

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." --Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

"I want to come over and roll in your clover and kiss your blarney stone! Kathy, Kathy, my Irish lassie. I will love you, till the end of time."

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I was watching a Braves game circa 1991 when my then-12-year-old brother walked in the room and declared "that guy looks like a black Freddy Krueger" ...

5. It's not the heat, it's the apocalypse.

6. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Ten years ago I was a blissfully married newly wed.

Now I'm a bitter, crotchety divorced old fart.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Rosie, how difficult is that setup to put together? I may have to move some stuff from VHS to DVD.

8. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I bought a DVD recorder which also plays (and records) VHS. I put in a DVR-RW disk, the VHS tape I want to move to DVD, then click the dub button.

After it's done, I finish the DVD, put it in my computer's DVD drive, then use a Roxio program to convert the video to mpeg format. I use Windows Movie Maker to edit the video -- mainly to take out the commercials. Occasionally, Roxio doesn't recognize the video, so I redo it. I know there's other programs out there that convert the video easily, but I haven't really looked into them closely.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I've been dubbing lately too, Rosie. Bought a unit for $119 last week at Best Buy. It's a hell of an item. Very pleased with it.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

11. This thread needs a glossary so Mayfly and some of the other young'ins born in the mid 80s can understand what y'all are talking about ...

12. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

10 years ago Nov. 17, I got my current job. Better pay, better paper. Because of a layoff, I had gone from a pretty good suburban to a pretty bad suburban. Then I landed here and really loved it until the recent economic downturn and the Web emphasis where quality has been sacrificed.

Draft saved Draft deleted