1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obscure sports trivia

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Jan 3, 2019.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I want to say Chris Gardocki - and the only reason I guess that is because I just studied his pf-ref profile last night.
    Some dudes count sheep while sleepless, Fart surfs profootballreference.com

2. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

My sheep counter is baseballreference.com where I see how many “degrees” it take me to get from the random 12 players on the front page to a HOFer. Most can be done in five steps. Have yet to go past 10.

But back to the question. Gardocki punted for the same college (thought obviously a few years later) as Newsome’s teammate.

Also, funny aside on Gardocki, who played for the Bears around the same time as fellow Clemson alums Donnell Woolford and The fridge. I had a coworker who had covered Clemson in SC out of college, despite being from Illinois. I asked about that odd jump across America. His answer is (in a song song midwestern voice) “well, ya know, I was a big gardocki fan as a kid so I wanted to see where he came from.” That always cracked me up.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That's got to be the most worthless football card in NFL history, right?

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The guy played 11 years in the NFL, when a lot of teams still played outside, averaged 40 yards a kick, and was named "Thunderfoot." Not sure what his WAR was but he had to be better than chopped liver. I remember him and Errol Mann as Lions' mainstays.

maumann and Liut like this.
  5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Nope not Mass, one of the few New England states that has produced a Hall of Famer. Maine, Rhode Island and Vermont have not.

6. CD Boogie

He's the reason no one names their kid Herman anymore.

7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I feel stupid. I read his obit just a week back.

8. CD Boogie

Hint: this state has an nfl team

9. cyclingwriter2

Looked it up. Would have never guessed it.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Lt.Drebin likes this.
  11. cyclingwriter2

24 hours is up. dale Hatcher was the Cheraw Indians’ punter in the late 1970s before going onto Clemson where he won a National Title and made all American before being drafted by the Rams and making the pro bowl as a rookie.

12. cyclingwriter2

The university of Maryland had six starting quarterbacks between 1982 and 1990. Five of them became NFL starting qbs in the nfl. Name them.

Draft saved Draft deleted