1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obscure sports trivia

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Jan 3, 2019.

1. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Name the two Hall of Famers the Kansas City Royals drafted in 1979?

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Given the vagueness of the question and the fact that it was 4 years before the 1983 NFL Draft, I am going to go with Elway.

3. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Elway is one. He later got drafted by the Yankees, which is why he played a ball in oneonta and used that as leverage to get out of Baltimore.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Dan Marino is the other.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I remember hearing a story about Elway in Stonedeonta... He could barely get it over the fence from home plate... throwing it from home plate.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I recall somebody talking about the releases of Elway and Marino and noting that Marino's was faster because he had been a shortstop in baseball as opposed to Elway who was an outfielder.

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Who are the only brothers to play in the NBA finals and Super Bowl? (one in each)

9. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I cannot picture Marino playing shortstop. I mean, he moved like the tin man.

Liut likes this.
  11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Probably either the Johnsons or the Williamses.

justgladtobehere and Liut like this.
  12. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

LOL! Reminds me of the time I was calling a basketball game in a very German community. For example, the point guard's last name was Stuckenschneider. As a matter of fact, I think that kid was taken by Oakland in the baseball draft. Anyway, the analyst eventually threw up his hands and said on air, "They got any Smiths or Johnsons around here?"

Draft saved Draft deleted