1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obscure sports trivia

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Jan 3, 2019.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Worldwide Elevation Finder

three feet.

I didn't realize the official address of the Super Dome is 1500 Sugar Bowl Drive. Man, stadium address trivia this could be fun. Anyone want to guess what stadium sits at 3333 Al Davis Way? (I'm curious why that number now, should have gone with 1960 - the year the team was founded)

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I didn’t necessarily mean the stadium is below sea level, but I have heard at various times that a good portion of the city is.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Oakland Coliseum field was under sea level when the tide came in (or so the story goes) - never seemed to impact the A's.

4. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Since it’s Dave Winfield’s birthday, name the four teams in four professional sports leagues that drafted him?

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It was also under sea level when the toilets flushed, which did cause some problems.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Padres and I think Vikings. Don’t know NBA and I assume fourth league is ABA. Not likely NHL and I don’t remember if there was another football league at the time. WFL maybe?

Tighthead and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  7. cyclingwriter2

Padres and Vikings are correct. And yes on those two leagues.

8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I'll guess the Hawks and the Utah Stars.

9. cyclingwriter2

Bingo! We have a winner.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Two quarterbacks who won Super Bowls finished the regular season in the year they won the Super Bowl with nine TDs and 17 interceptions, the worst such ratios in history among winning SB quarterbacks. Who are they?

11. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Just a guess. Dilfer and Hostetler.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Nope.

Draft saved Draft deleted