1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obscure sports trivia

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Jan 3, 2019.

1. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

got it

Liut likes this.
  2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Keeping the family theme, Skid Row lead singer Sebastian Bach has a brother who played in the NHL. Who is he?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  3. cyclingwriter2

Ok, I know Bach is a Canadian and has claimed to be among the first, if not the first, official fan club member of Rush. Assuming Bach isn’t his real name since I don’t remember any NHL players names Bach from the late 1980s and early 1990s, I’ll guess Marty McSorley because why the hell not.

Liut likes this.
  4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

That’s a great guess and I wish it was correct, but alas, it’s not him.

Liut and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  5. cyclingwriter2

I was basing it on hair style...

Liut likes this.
  6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Brain fart, I knew that answer and knew that Billie Jean Minton did not sound right.

cyclingwriter2 and Liut like this.
  7. cyclingwriter2

Since 1900, what three pitchers have led their league in wins in at least two consecutive years and then followed up by leading their league in losses. Two are Hall of Famers, and the third won a Cy Young.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

That sounds like a Phil Niekro question, but I don't think he ever led the league in wins two years in a row.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

It could also be a Wilbur Wood question.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Another guess: Robin Roberts, who pitched a lot of innings for some really bad Phillies teams.

11. cyclingwriter2

Wilbur came close. He led back-to-back, lost 19 games the next year which wasn’t enough so he lost 20 the following year to lead the league in losses.

12. cyclingwriter2

Roberts is one of the three. Led the league in wins four years in a row, before leading the league in losses twice.

Niekro famously led the league in wins and losses in one year so he doesn’t make the cut.

Draft saved Draft deleted