1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obscure sports trivia

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Jan 3, 2019.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I thought Jordan did both, but yeah. About that same time DJ Dozier gave up football and made it to the bigs.

2. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

either him or DJ Dozier, who left the Vikings where he underperformed, and went to the Mets, where he underperformed. The man was consistent.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Brian Jordan left the NFL after the 1991 season, and made his MLB debut in 1992. Of all the NFL/MLB players, he probably had the longest and best MLB career.

4. cyclingwriter2

What NHL team has had the most individual players score 100 points in a single season?

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

There have been 10 kickoff return touchdowns in Super Bowl history. What two states have a tangential connection to all but one of them?

6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I would guess an '80s Edmonton team.

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

California and Florida?

8. cyclingwriter2

Ugh, messed up the question. This is all time single season 100 point season in franchise history.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Florida is one.
    And since I'm going to be busy today and can't keep an eye on it, the other is Louisiana.

Two of the 10 happened in the Superdome (including one by a New Orleans native).
    Of the other eight, one was by a Miami Dolphins player (Fulton Walker); one was by Percy Harvin, who played at Florida; and six of them happened in games played in Florida (four in Miami and two in Tampa).

10. cyclingwriter2

randomly found that Theismann was drafted by the Twins in 1971.

1971 Major League Baseball draft - Wikipedia

MTM likes this.
  11. cyclingwriter2

Since I mucked up the question, the answer is the Pittsburgh Penguins with 12 individual and 30 overall.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Who are the only two players from the service academies to score a point in the Super Bowl?

Draft saved Draft deleted